Extraordinary Eucharistic Ministers distribute the Eucharist (the Body and Blood of Christ) during Mass. A person must be at least 18 years old, have received the sacrament of Confirmation, and have completed the training and certification.
Lectors read the Word of God to the congregation during Mass. By your proclamation, the assembly should hear and feel that God’s Word is a Living Word. It is very important that those serving in this ministry take the time to practice, meditate, and reflect on the readings. A person must have received the sacrament of Confirmation to participate in this ministry.
Altar Servers assist the priest during Mass. Some of their duties may be:
- Carry the cross during the processional
- Carry the processional candle(s)
- Hold the book for the priest celebrant when he is not at the altar
- Carry the incense and censer
- Present the bread, wine, and water to the priest during the preparation of the gifts or assist him when he receives the gifts from the people
- Wash the hands of the priest
- Assist the priest celebrant and deacon as necessary.
This ministry is typically performed by both boys and girls who have received the sacrament of First Holy Communion. Teen and adult participation is highly encouraged.
Coordinator of Lectors, Eucharistic Ministers
Sick & Homebound
* Training is held periodically throughout the year for these ministries.
Copyright ©2017 Contact Webmaster